Your international experience doesn’t have to end just because you returned home or graduated. Use your experience to make a positive impact at UAlbany and keep your study abroad adventure alive!
Albany International Representatives (AIRs) are students who wish to inform and inspire prospective education abroad students and help make their education abroad plans a reality. AIRs help to spread the word about education abroad in a variety of ways, including campus outreach, class presentations, special events, on social media, and more! Becoming an AIR will provide you with a platform to spread your contagious enthusiasm for education abroad.
As an AIR, you are encouraged to participate in as many areas you wish, but you must attend a minimum of 3 events each semester to commit to this program. The time commitment could range from 1 - 3 hours per week. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
AREAS OF INVOLVEMENT INCLUDE
- Participation in our annual Education Abroad Fairs (September & February)
- Organized on-campus outreach, such as information sessions, pre-departure orientations, classroom and residence hall visits, and tabling in the Campus Center or academic buildings
- Help with accepted students days, Admissions Open Houses, and other university-wide events
- Social media outreach & video interviews
- Participation in the annual EVOLVE Re-Entry Conference (November)
WHAT YOU GAIN FROM THIS PROGRAM
The AIR program is an effective way to reconnect with your experience abroad while integrating yourself back into the UAlbany community. You get out of it what you put into it!
- It’s a chance to talk (non-stop!) about your time abroad.
- You will meet new people who share your interests. You will work with other students who have recently gone abroad, you will be able to talk about and compare your experiences, while passing on your expertise to future students.
- You will have fun! The more involved everyone is, the more enjoyable it will be.
- You will gain valuable experience in peer advising, public speaking, presenting, marketing, event planning, and more!
- Boost your resume by gaining valuable work experience, and a potentially receive a positive reference letter
- You will help create a culture of education abroad at UAlbany and beyond!
You must attend training to be part of the AIRs program.
Spring 2020 Training is scheduled for:
Friday January 31st
Campus Center West Board Room (Upstairs from Starbucks)
Fall 2020 Training is schedule for:
Please contact us if you cannot make this training session and would like to schedule a make up meeting. Note that this is not preferred as you will miss out on many of the training activities and getting to know your team! Regular meetings may also be held with the AIRs team throughout the semester. Typically these meeting will take place: TBD. More information will be available during training!
Applications are released at the beginning of each semester. Selection will also be complete by early in the semester in time for training.